The Northern Ireland BloodBowl League Experience
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Northern Ireland BloodBowl League Experience

Welcome to Nibble, hopefully to be Northern Ireland's favourite BloodBowl forum for making leagues or finding players.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pre-season game

Go down 
+2
Duce
Skullroller
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Rodge

Pre-season game - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-season game   Pre-season game - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 3:44 pm

The beast is horrible to work with. And I recall that darned induced minotaur too! Even scoring just one td per game will win nurgle a lot of games as they are so hard to score against! Smile
Back to top Go down
GJP
Admin
GJP

PostSubject: Re: Pre-season game   Pre-season game - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 11:15 am

Yeah, Grashnak is pretty horrible! Smile
Back to top Go down
Duce
Admin
Duce

PostSubject: Re: Pre-season game   Pre-season game - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 11:40 am

he is indeed a pain, least with lower armour than most big guys (He is Av 8 still right, can't remember offhand) he can be fouled off or atleast attempt to stun him with lines fodder.

Back to top Go down
https://nibble.forumotion.com
GJP
Admin
GJP

PostSubject: Re: Pre-season game   Pre-season game - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 2:43 pm

You have to knock him over before you can foul him. Although, the way I roll GFIs you just have to wait for him to slip!

That game against Darren every GFI was a 1!
Back to top Go down
Rodge

PostSubject: Re: Pre-season game   Pre-season game - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 3:56 am

I do remember when i faced him. He did fail a GFI and fell over, 5 dark elves raced across to put the boot in him when he was down - he went off with a KO and wasn't seen for the rest of the game!

Minotaurs without loner, horrible things! Smile
Back to top Go down
GJP
Admin
GJP

PostSubject: Re: Pre-season game   Pre-season game - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 4:05 am

Grashnak has Loner, it's Wild Animal he doesn't have. And the same thing happened against Darren, the only time he was knocked over was on a failed GFI. Infact after last nights game against Andrew I haven't made a successful GFI in 2 games, and have only succeeded in 1 GFI in the last 3 games!
Back to top Go down
GJP
Admin
GJP

PostSubject: Re: Pre-season game   Pre-season game - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 5:08 am

Match Report: Rotshots vs Murda Inc

The Rotshots' third game of the Pre-Season kicked off against Andrew's Gobbos. With the Goblins missing Moonface due to injury the TV difference was only enough for the Slimy One to induce a Bloodwiser Babe. The weather certainly has a sense of occasion for these axis of nastiness encounters, and for the second game in succession the rain came pouring down.

Since the Gobbos weren't able to induce any bribes the Nurgle coach elected to receive in an attempt to be able to control how long the secret weapons remained on the pitch. The goblins' coach in turn decided to keep all the secret weapons in reserve. The kick off resulted in a quick snap and with the Gobbos not far enough back allowed the Slimy One to get in another 5 blocks in addition to the three on the line. The end result was a casualty for the Beast, both Trolls on their asses and the gobbos right away on the back foot. The gobbos did their best to recover but ended up clumped by the side line and some chain pushing seen another 3 gobbos leave the pitch.

With half the team either sent off, injured or knocked out the goblins had to resort to using their own players as ammunition, but they couldn't prevent the Rotshots from taking the lead. Worst was to come how ever as the casualties caused in the first drive forced the goblins to field all their secret weapons with only 2 turns of the half remaining. A riot between the players give them an extra turn but the bombardier knocking over the beast and the loony getting sent off for fouling were about the height of their contribution. A rotter trying to run away from the fanatic tripped over his own two feet and badly hurt himself though. In the last turn they tried a flying gobbo one turner but the little guy head planted himself into the turf.

The second half started with Murda Inc only able to field about 6 players and were over run for another Nurgle TD, leaving the goblins with only three players for the next drive, two trolls and a lone goblin. The solo goblin managed to secure the ball in his back field, but with no outlets was caught by the Rotshots Pestigor. On a hat trick, the Pestigor promptly failed his GFI into the endzone and KOed himself! The singular gobbo re-secured the ball but was shoved into the crowd for his trouble. The ball ended up back within a square off the endzone but the rotter on hand couldn't make the pick up and the match ended 2-0 to the Rotshots.

The Rotshots made 21 SPPs from the game with 5 casualties, 2 TDs and the MVP. They only made 36 in their 4 previous games. Another Warrior skilled up and took block. And the Pestigor made it to 16 and took Block also. Winnings was 50k so can finally afford a 3rd reroll. TV is now 1120. And will be 1190 when/if I buy that reroll.

Cheers for the game Andrew. I can honestly say I've never seen a game start so badly for one team in all my days playing BB. The game was practically over as a competition after the 3 turn. But fair play for sticking in there. That's true blood bowl spirit!

You probably already picked up on most of this but I would say that in the future when playing slow bashy teams, if you're kicking in the first half, to start with the Bombardier and the Ball & Chain. The Bombardier is brilliant for cage breaking. Plus if you can keep pressure on the ball he has to concentrate on protecting that and not beating you up as much! Also if you can't induce a bride because the TV difference isn't enough, as in last night, don't be afraid to use pretty cash to just buy one or two. It's not like you have heaps of positionals to save for.

Last edited by GJP on Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Skullroller

Skullroller

PostSubject: Re: Pre-season game   Pre-season game - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 5:42 am

Nice report Gerard. I empathise with Andrew over disastrous losses which leave you with no hope or impact on the game. Damn mummies grumble! Cant believe your lack of luck on going for it still haunts you! Maybe Andrew should play me and see if our bad luck can work like polarising magnets and we get a competitve and hard fought match!
Back to top Go down
Duce
Admin
Duce

PostSubject: Re: Pre-season game   Pre-season game - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 6:02 am

Nice match report Gerard, also hving to send sympathy to Andrew, that is a lot of casualities and sending off's.

Surprised the nurgle onyl got 3 TD's with all the goblnis off the field but i'm assuming the weather made ball handling tougher.

Just means Andrew might have to give his greenskins steroids and make an orc team to get revenge on the nurgle Smile
Back to top Go down
https://nibble.forumotion.com
Velsharoon

PostSubject: Re: Pre-season game   Pre-season game - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 7:01 am

Good write up. and dont mean to be cheeky but my team is Murda Inc dont know where you got Black Gobbos from!

I learnt some solid lessons from that game, I admit to being outclassed tactically by Gerard at every level but I must stress how I just had no luck either.

Next time shall be different I hope!

And James there was no lasting damage apart to my already miniscule ego so the Goblins are here to stay Smile Also I dont have time to make a new BB team as my fingers are in to many pies atm...always the way.

Back to top Go down
GJP
Admin
GJP

PostSubject: Re: Pre-season game   Pre-season game - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 8:07 am

Changed. Don't know where I got Blackgobbos from either!

It was only 2 TDs, mainly cause Nurgle are so slow. The rain didn't have any effect on my ball handling in either game really. Once I pick it up I don't plan to let go of it again. It the GFIs I'm having trouble with. God help me in a blizzard! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pre-season game   Pre-season game - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pre-season game
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2