The Northern Ireland BloodBowl League Experience
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Northern Ireland BloodBowl League Experience

Welcome to Nibble, hopefully to be Northern Ireland's favourite BloodBowl forum for making leagues or finding players.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New rules for off Season & Season 2

Go down 
+2
Hack Enslash
Duce
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Duce
Admin
Duce

New rules for off Season & Season 2 Empty
PostSubject: New rules for off Season & Season 2   New rules for off Season & Season 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 2:09 am

After season one I've decided to take onboard some of the comments and suggestions I recieved and alter the rules for testing in the off season to hopefully also be used come season 2.

Players may play each other more than twice in a row during the off season, but are not bound to accept challenges. Conceding the match may only be done as found on page 29. Any abuse of this will lead to both teams being excluded from season 2, but I’m confident no one would want to win by having their opponent concede on turn 16 after farming SSp’s.

+Rosters will continue be made from the Living rulebook 6 (LBR6) to a value of 1 million.

+The rulebook & official teams can be found here;
http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m780049a_Blood_Bowl_Competition_Rules.pdf

+Also I will be allowing the three extra teams from the experimental rulebook in case anyone wishes to use them.
http://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B29SREkckMA4YjIyNWFhMDMtYTcyMy00OGU4LTg2Y2ItYTc4ODliNWQxOTM0&hl=en

+Finally As a new addition I’m going to allow the Bretonnian team from Plasmaoid’s site as a test for the next season found here:
http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/BBBretonnians.htm

+For teams being created during the off season Fan factor will begin on 0 unless the player wishes to spend money raising it in the team building stage.

+Inducements for teams will continue to be as per page 28 (More information on each on page 69-70) excluding the inducement special play cards (pages 55-62). These will not be used at all.

+All optional rules will be in effect for this league including weather.

+Rolls for any star player point level ups must be done in front of either you’re opponent or a neutral third party after the match, and the extra value added to the player and the team sheet updated prior to the next match (The sequences on page 28 and the following few pages in the rule book).

+Spiralling expenses will occur as per the living rulebook on page 29.

+Fouling will be accepted; it’s in the rules so it will be used.

+There will be no skill caps for this league; players can use each skill as much throughout their team as they wish.

+The MVP (Most valuable player) award at the end of the game must be randomised by the coach in front of the opponent or another neutral player. Please keep this honest as its more fun that way for everyone (NOTE: new teams have the option to assign the first 6 MVP's if they wish as an allowance to even out vs the season 1 teams getting to do so).

+Any players being used must have a model to represent them. This includes a model to represent any star players being taken when/if the team rating gap occurs.

+People may prefer to paint the edges of the base to make their different positional stand out; Blitzer=Red; Catcher=yellow; Thrower=white; Blocker=green; Lineman=gray; any other=purple

+people may play as many teams during the off season as they wish in preperation of deciding which to play come season 2. Although to count the game results and a short summary must be posted up in the Belfast league section on this site. Come seaon 2 we can go back to spamming poor TTN site.

+Conceeding is never fun thus:

++if the team can only field 2 or less players there is no additional penalties, they keep their mvp and income for the match. The other team is then allowed to score 1 TD for each 2 turns of the match remaining allocting it randomly to one of their players.

++If the player conceeds with more than 3 players able to take to the field, then the other team is then allowed to score 1 TD for each 2 turns of the match remaining allocating it randomly to one of their players, as well as giving up their winnings and MVP to the other team.

++If a team which is winning conceeds then the other team is awarded a number of touchdowns to bring them 2 scores ahead of the conceeding player as well as being allowed to randomly determine who scored the TD's (Calling a game when winning is never fun for the other player thus they get given extra touchdowns by the match rganisers for the hassle)

Any questions or comments please don't hesitate to ask. I'm open to other people's input and bribes. geek

Last edited by Duce on Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:18 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://nibble.forumotion.com
Hack Enslash

Hack Enslash

PostSubject: Re: New rules for off Season & Season 2   New rules for off Season & Season 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 3:32 am

Not sure what the other players think, but I would like to try out the weather rules (even just a trial in pre- season) to see how they affect the game.
Regarding mvp allocation, it might make for a more balanced league if all teams get to allocate mvp's for say ten games then go random. Otherwise the new teams are going up against mnmmies, black orc blockers, etc who already have skill ups while they hope their linesmen don't accumulate all the mvp's.
Back to top Go down
Skullroller

Skullroller

PostSubject: Re: New rules for off Season & Season 2   New rules for off Season & Season 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 3:56 am

Weather could be fun! Should the MVP not just go to the player who earned most SPP during game, and if none are obvious then it becomes random. Thus, performance decides the award, akin to real life sports?
Back to top Go down
Duce
Admin
Duce

PostSubject: Re: New rules for off Season & Season 2   New rules for off Season & Season 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 4:21 am

Skullroller wrote:
Weather could be fun! Should the MVP not just go to the player who earned most SPP during game, and if none are obvious then it becomes random. Thus, performance decides the award, akin to real life sports?

The problem with that would mean your Blitzers or positionals would hog the points meaning linesmen would suffer, that and it means once a player got mighty blow they'd be causing more cas than the others and thus keep getting it unless they didn't throw blocks.

Random (As per one of the options in the rulebook) means your development is a bit more spread and random, meaning no levelling up a pure killer as quickly. Also means the rest of the team can develop (And as a human I’m glad my linesman can as I’m trying to get them sorted and to 2nd skills for each asap to help my team progress).

Weather is another oddity, certain ones can screw certain teams on the day, like harder to pick up balls means ag3 will be really suffering is playing vs. elves, and snow means elves will be bashed into the ground by orcs as basic bland examples.

Remembering to roll for fans before the game is challenge enough for us to remember it seems Razz but I’m happy if people agree to use weather in their pre-season games to see what they think of it.
Back to top Go down
Hack Enslash

Hack Enslash

PostSubject: Re: New rules for off Season & Season 2   New rules for off Season & Season 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 4:53 am

'Random (As per one of the options in the rulebook) means your development is a bit more spread and random, meaning no levelling up a pure killer as quickly (Duce)' or it would have done if all teams had started off assigning random mvp from the beginning. There are teams in the league with 4 or 5 mighty blow pieces mine included.
Rick said himself when playing my fairly basic undead team that even a few skills on certain pieces made all the difference in that game. Skills I wouldnt have without assigning mvp.
Back to top Go down
Duce
Admin
Duce

PostSubject: Re: New rules for off Season & Season 2   New rules for off Season & Season 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 5:12 am

suppose thats a fair point, inducements would help a bit but not 100%. maybe allowing them 5 games to give their mvp's then resort to random?

most of our league was 5 game slpayed, mine was 8 but for some reason i was weird and gave some of mine to linesmen in hopes of them getting a cas... still waiting on that to happen.
Back to top Go down
necrosis

necrosis

PostSubject: Re: New rules for off Season & Season 2   New rules for off Season & Season 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 5:28 am

Not that I am in the league but I like weather.

Certain weather can screw certain teams but that is blood bowl and tbh you could say that about any of the multiple dice rolls made during a blood bowl game (eg blitz on kick offs). I think some tournaments use no weather for the reason you give but in a fun league i dont see the harm.
Back to top Go down
Duce
Admin
Duce

PostSubject: Re: New rules for off Season & Season 2   New rules for off Season & Season 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 8:46 am

I'm probabily just bitter over how many games i either won or lost through a mixture of extreme heat and the opponents key players fainting allowing me to punch through and score basically sealing the game, or when i've attempted pouring rain and failing 4 pick up rolls with sure hands on my throwers and its led to them grabbing the ball and stalling out to score turn 8 of my kicked to half.

I agree its just as random as the kick off table, but if players go off for heat and they get a blitz it can really ruin your reciever half, where as just the kick off result is not as damaging when applied on its own.

And this is out of a fair few games with weather used... seems i'm unlucky in drawing in bad weather Razz
Back to top Go down
uniteallaction

uniteallaction

PostSubject: Re: New rules for off Season & Season 2   New rules for off Season & Season 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 3:54 pm

Some really good suggestions how long will it last for and what is the league structure itself for example is it more casual play when you want style?
Back to top Go down
https://s55.photobucket.com/albums/g141/uniteallaction/40k/
Duce
Admin
Duce

PostSubject: Re: New rules for off Season & Season 2   New rules for off Season & Season 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 1:11 am

The off season wil last 2 months atleast, weather could be decided upon by both players before the game so they have the option.

Season 2 will begin just after the off season, so this is the perfect time to skill up a team or two for use in season 2.
Back to top Go down
GJP
Admin
GJP

PostSubject: Re: New rules for off Season & Season 2   New rules for off Season & Season 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 5:53 am

I'm all for the weather. Makes things interesting!

Hadn't noticed this thread before my game with Graham so we were still allocating MVP. But all in favour of randomising it in future. I like the first five games option to balance things up with the established first season teams though, but don't mind either way.

I think we could do with being a bit more organised maybe in how we record things like team sheets, league table and previous games. It helps with the history / roleplay side of things. I think there is software available to help from listening to Tackle Zone Radio. Also I think you can use the Online Blood Bowl League Manager, OBBLM, for free. Da Leeg can host it for free or if you're computer savvy enough you can host it yourself.

One good thing I would say about OBBLM is that it is BOTOCS compatible so that people like Rodge, Necrosis and others could still compete in the NIBBL without having to make Monday nights. That said I think you would still want NIBBL to be mainly a TT league with the emphasis on the social and hobby side of things. I for one totally enjoy the TT game more than any computer version, but 1 game every two weeks is not enough to satisfy me! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
necrosis

necrosis

PostSubject: Re: New rules for off Season & Season 2   New rules for off Season & Season 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 6:12 am

It would be nice to able to compete against some of the teams even when not in NI though I agree it should stay primarily a table top league and we should only be allowed to play teams we can field.

I don't mind setting up the league in OBBLM at stuntyleeg or doing the set up if someone wants to host it.
Back to top Go down
Duce
Admin
Duce

PostSubject: Re: New rules for off Season & Season 2   New rules for off Season & Season 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 6:36 am

GJP wrote:
I'm all for the weather. Makes things interesting!

Hadn't noticed this thread before my game with Graham so we were still allocating MVP. But all in favour of randomising it in future. I like the first five games option to balance things up with the established first season teams though, but don't mind either way.

I think we could do with being a bit more organised maybe in how we record things like team sheets, league table and previous games. It helps with the history / roleplay side of things. I think there is software available to help from listening to Tackle Zone Radio. Also I think you can use the Online Blood Bowl League Manager, OBBLM, for free. Da Leeg can host it for free or if you're computer savvy enough you can host it yourself.

One good thing I would say about OBBLM is that it is BOTOCS compatible so that people like Rodge, Necrosis and others could still compete in the NIBBL without having to make Monday nights. That said I think you would still want NIBBL to be mainly a TT league with the emphasis on the social and hobby side of things. I for one totally enjoy the TT game more than any computer version, but 1 game every two weeks is not enough to satisfy me! Very Happy

You're allowed to allocate Gerard, The offseason is for new teams to catchup which means allocating mvp's since for season 1 we did a allocate mvp. Allows you the same chance since some black orcs and mummies got points this way. As a rule of Thumb I allocated mine to unique players each time, kept the points well spread and I didnt feel dirty skilling up a blitzer to his 4th skill just to become a killer.

Come season 2 the random MVP coms into play. and its randomfor existing teams from season 1 (Colins dark elves, my humans etc.. not the new comers like you)

I've kept a log of my games here as the beginning of a small history as well as a record sheet AND a coopy of the Aros BB software which is the one tacklezone mentioned of all my wins and such.

Next season i'm going to use halfling scribe to keep track of al the games so they flow from seasno to season, saves me having to make new tables.

I don't mind making the league a bit more online, but unless everyone got in on it would lead to poor nec having to play the same few again and again.

TT version adds all the fun of each double skull with reactions Smile
Back to top Go down
necrosis

necrosis

PostSubject: Re: New rules for off Season & Season 2   New rules for off Season & Season 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 6:58 am

I personally think obblm if it ever gets a face lift will be better than Aros but I can't actually get the obblm developers to work on the look and feel mind you. Not that Aros is bad just obblm should eventually have full botocs and cyanide integration.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New rules for off Season & Season 2   New rules for off Season & Season 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New rules for off Season & Season 2
Page 1 of 1