The Northern Ireland BloodBowl League Experience
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Northern Ireland BloodBowl League Experience

Welcome to Nibble, hopefully to be Northern Ireland's favourite BloodBowl forum for making leagues or finding players.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pre-season game

Go down 
+2
Duce
Skullroller
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Skullroller

Skullroller

Pre-season game Empty
PostSubject: Pre-season game   Pre-season game I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 3:00 am

Hi guys, just thought id post a summary of a pre-season matchup between Gerard's Rotshots Nurgle Team and my own Komodo Dragons Lizardmen team. Rotshots won the toss and kicked off, all started brightly for the Dragons, with a lovely short passing game between Kobe and Dr.J (2 skinks) until a fumbled catch attempt. Xavi and Iniesta they are not! This heralded a drastic turn in fortune for the lizards, as bad rolling was rife from then on. Rodman (Saurus) spent 1st half knocking himself over until he finally knocked himself out of game! The Rotshots compounded this misery by putting 2 more skinks out for the game and leaving Bird with a niggling injury. Gerard should have made it 1-0 before the half, but failed on a go for it. Dragons kicked off the second half in trepidation with only 7 fit players on the pitch. Rightly so, the Rotshots continued pounding on the unfortunate lizards and with a solid running game, one of the warriors scored by turn 7. Having witnessed such carnage the crowd whipped into a frenzy rioted, forcing the ref to turn the clock back to turn 6. Could the lizards pull off a shock draw? NO! They limped out the last few turns unable to penetrate the slimy wall of armour and pus before them. Thankful that they should have a least 10 players for their next match! The chaos warrior who scored was man of the match for the Rotshots and it was Berkley, a saurus for the Dragons. Other notable humour in the game was the incredible level of failed stupidty rolls on the Beast of Nurgle, although when active he pommeled skinks and kept them wrapped in those unhygenic tentacles yuck! A good game overall, well played by Gerard who fully deserved his win.
Back to top Go down
Duce
Admin
Duce

Pre-season game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-season game   Pre-season game I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 3:14 am

good game report Graham, nurgle can be very annoying in your own turn, especially the beast.

i'm hoping to be down monday with a fresh team if you're wanting a game. prob something silly like halflings, khemri or lizzies... maybe even bretonnians as they sound fun.
Back to top Go down
https://nibble.forumotion.com
GJP
Admin
GJP

Pre-season game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-season game   Pre-season game I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 4:20 am

First win with Nurgle! Yeeeeah!

You'll get a journeyman Skink for the next match to take you up to 11.

I must say the gods didn't smile on you that first half with regard to your block dice. Well with Saurus anyhow. The Skinks did okay! Cheers again for the game.

With the exception of the Beast being stupid for 4 turns out of the first half, the Slimy ones could do no wrong. Even the failed GFI at the end of the first half was my own fault cause I had a journeyman rotter with the ball within 3 squares of the end zone but wanted to manage the SPP.

Team development wise, I rolled another 1 for winnings!!! But was able to reroll it into a 5 due to the win. Finally some money. Treasury stands at 100k so I have a decision to make about saving for a 3th reroll, which I really need, or buying a second Pestigor, which I could do with too. Skill wise the Nurgle Warrior scorer of that game took home the MVP and rolled a normal skill, so I finally have some block in the team. Yeah!

TV stands at 1060
Back to top Go down
Skullroller

Skullroller

Pre-season game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-season game   Pre-season game I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 9:32 am

Yeah i should be down on Monday. Im thinking of using my plastic human team as a proxy for a high elf team. I fancy trying out an agility team for once! But i dont want to splash the cash in case i dont find them to my taste. Would this be ok for a 1 off? If i like them i will get the appropriate models,
Back to top Go down
Hack Enslash

Hack Enslash

Pre-season game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-season game   Pre-season game I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 2:46 pm

Good report Graham, feel dirty after reading it. I'm sure no one will mind you proxying the team as long as its all made clear what's what before the game.
Back to top Go down
Duce
Admin
Duce

Pre-season game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-season game   Pre-season game I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 12:53 am

As long as your opponent is fine with it there is no problem. I'm aiming to be down this monday for a game too.

Basically highelves are a more agile human team who can pass in my eyes, although not having str acces puts me off as my favourite skills come from that category. Razz
Back to top Go down
Hack Enslash

Hack Enslash

Pre-season game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-season game   Pre-season game I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 4:27 am

Slashers v Murda Inc game report.
OK guys finished the second half of the game v Andrew a few weeks ago but only posting it up now Embarassed
Both teams had 80000 screaming fans and Murda inc received fielding all of their secret weapons on the first drive. Ball kicked shallow. First move Chainsaw loony blitzes a Mummy. I watch in horror which quickly turns to joy as Andrew rolls 1 reroll 1. Off injured.

Wight quickly runs through the gap left by missing goblin to grab ball and head towards end zone. Should have been supported by Ghoul who fell over on go for it.

Murda inc swarm ball carrier and next few turns result in tit for tat ball carrier knock downs and possession changes. In the midst of all this a Ghoul kills pogoer with Murda saving their apocathary just in case.
Ball ends up beside sideline with Ghoul and Mummy next to it and a Wight beside the nearest Gobbo. Totally safe or so I thought. Fruit Loop The Gobbo MVP dodges 5 times and makes it through picking up the ball in 2 tackle zones. The Gobs are able to beat the Undead for pace down the sideline with a Skeleton making a heroic last ditch dodge blitz with defender pushed result helping the Gobs closer to end zone and them scoring on a go for it on last play of half.

Half time 1-0 Murda Inc.

Second half starts with much maligned Mummy, Myers, Killing a Troll who was saved by Apoc re roll. The Goblins swarmed forwards and in a rare touch of offensive creativity were caught out by the speed of a ghoul handing off to a wight who proceeded to cause 2 casualties before scoring the tying touchdown.

Goblins receive kick off which goes out of bounds, is given to a goblin who gets thrown over my lines and scampers in for Touchdown. Undead caught totally cold.

Receiving again the Undead moved the ball as far forward as their rotting little legs would carry them, with both ghouls racing ahead and one falling over on a failed Go For It again.
But then a chance to tie the game presented itself on the final turn, the ball which had been knocked out of bounds on a Goblin blitz is thrown back in, right in front of the prone ghoul. If Gimpy the -1Ag ghoul can dodge away from his marker he can receive to score and tie up the game. He falls over Undead lose.
MVP for Undead is Myers the Mummy who skills up with Guard. Other skill ups are Ghoul +1mv and Wight with mighty blow. Winnings 20k.

Great win for Murda, stunty is a hell of an offensive skill and throw team mate is great when it comes off.
Back to top Go down
Velsharoon

Pre-season game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-season game   Pre-season game I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 6:20 am

Hehe reading that brought back a lot of happy memories Razz

Was a great game, cheers for doing the write up. I am actually basing my final goblins right now, then I shall paint them and think about the next team to convert Razz
Back to top Go down
Duce
Admin
Duce

Pre-season game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-season game   Pre-season game I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 8:22 am

nice game Darren, sounds like the goblins continue to be lil buggers to tie down without tackle.

If you're looking for fun teams Andrew try vampires, 6 Str 4 agi 4 players who bite their thralls if they give into blood lust, its a tough team to play but rewarding.

Or ogre team which has 6 ogres and loads of snotlings.

unless you want to play a proper team now Razz
Back to top Go down
Velsharoon

Pre-season game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-season game   Pre-season game I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 11:21 am

Proper, I laugh in the face of your proper!

Ogres would be good as cheap plastics, but vampires might be a bit more solid. Plus I have done the small dudes with my goblins.
Back to top Go down
Duce
Admin
Duce

Pre-season game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-season game   Pre-season game I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 1:49 am

Vampires are funny for the fact their best players can bite their worst or hypnotise the opponents players.

0-6 Vampires are 6 4 4 8 GAS // P, blood lust, hypno gaze, regen
0-16 Thralls 6 3 3 7 G // ASP,

their tough sometimes to win with but if you want a fluffy challange.

The ogres can be brutal if you build 5 ogres as pure killers and 1 as a thrower.
Back to top Go down
Duce
Admin
Duce

Pre-season game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-season game   Pre-season game I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 2:55 am

How'd the game between the norse and the undead go then? any more zombies for Darren? Razz
Back to top Go down
Skullroller

Skullroller

Pre-season game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-season game   Pre-season game I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 4:32 pm

Short answer, yes he killed another lineman! Long answer : The horror! The horror! The game started brightly for the Skullrollers, winning the kickoff and D.Sedin scored a TD by turn 4. This was the pinnacle for the team though, as from here it was a total massacre. Vorhees my nemesis took out 2 linemen - Sundin who misses next march and killed poor Lidstrom. Myers managed to fracture Lundquist's collarbone. Eventually both catchers were also put out for the match, another lineman, and both blitzers. To make matters worse Forsberg (werewolf) got sent off nibbling on the bones of a wight! 7 casulties and 1 guy sent off by the end. D.Sedin earned enough spp to get dodge, but H.Sedin his twin misses next match. Selanne (blitzer) was awarded MVP and rolled an agility increase. The Slashers just pounded me into submission. Darren equalised in the 1st half on turn 7 and added 2 more scores as my team evaporated in the 2nd half. He will add a happier match report updating all his bonuses! We had some fun weather, starting bright but degenerating into a deluge and ultimately a blizzard! Also Darren twice had blitz as kickoff results to rub salt in the wounds! This game proved the fickle nature of the Chaos gods. Khorne got his blood and skulls, unfortunately all from the Skullrollers. Truly he cares not from where they come. The team nearly faced retirement, but luckily all postion players avoiding critical injury and thus they will roll on. However questions are being asked if maybe it is the coach who should retire!!
Back to top Go down
Duce
Admin
Duce

Pre-season game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-season game   Pre-season game I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 1:09 am

ouch, know that type of game, the dice can be so fickle and with AV7 vs Mighty blow mummies and suhc you're in for some pain.

suppose hanging in with the team is half the fun, take it oyu bought an apoth right after the match then?

Back to top Go down
Hack Enslash

Hack Enslash

Pre-season game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-season game   Pre-season game I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 8:51 am

Not much to add to Grahams report really. The teams was evenly matched until Mighty Blow started thinning out his ranks and for once the injury rolls were good (for me) rather than stunned results. The damage inflicted can be summed up by 3 Norse left on the pitch after Undeads 2nd td.

Gained 24 spp in total plus the mvp award which randomly went to a rookie ghoul. Kreuger the wight skilled up and took piling on. Fan factor increased by 1 and got 50k winnings.
Most importantly however Lidstrom has agreed professional terms to play for the Slashers and Im seriously considering Grahams suggestion that the Skullrollers become my farm team to develop new talent.
Good game Graham played with good humour even though it was all going tits up on the field.
Back to top Go down
Rodge

Pre-season game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-season game   Pre-season game I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 8:55 am

Hack Enslash wrote:
Gained 24 spp in total plus the mvp award
Shocked
That's a lotta SPs for one game!
I remember your first few games with the team and some terrible luck with dice rolls. You could barely break armor with your mummies! The dice do balance out over time, your time of good rolling is obviously here!
Back to top Go down
Duce
Admin
Duce

Pre-season game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-season game   Pre-season game I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 9:00 am

Yeah, 24 SSp's is a mouth watering amount to get form 1 match, 3 TD's a mvp and 5 cas if I work that out right.

Suppose this si Graham's initiation match into the league as a new team since the dungeonbowl was kind to him and my lizzies couldnt do much harm.

Whats the undeads TV now then?

Also keep your head up Graham, the norse will get revenge once the team grows and you ge tthe positionals with skills.
Back to top Go down
Hack Enslash

Hack Enslash

Pre-season game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-season game   Pre-season game I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 9:50 am

Mummy 4spp (2 cas), Ghoul 4 spp (1 pass 1td), Wight 9spp (td 3 cas), Mummy 4spp (2 cas), Ghoul 3spp (td).
24 spp plus mvp which went to another Ghoul.
Was an insane game, sigh, I will prob never reach those heights again.
Yeah Rodge, my first season pretty much was a struggle with only 1 ghoul and deaths on key Wights (cough, Rodge, cough) and poor injury rolls.

Duce, team value is 1350 but thats a bloated roster of 14 with my 2 new zombies. May trim it down for seasons start, on the other hand its nice to have a bench and the option for subs if need to drop the boots on prone enemy targets.

Meant to add that Grahams team will be a monster in another 5 or 6 games, he already has ag and str boosts as well as block everywhere including the cheerleaders.
Back to top Go down
Skullroller

Skullroller

Pre-season game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-season game   Pre-season game I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 2:15 pm

Yeah i think first port of call with my winnings is going to be the much needed apothecary!
Back to top Go down
Duce
Admin
Duce

Pre-season game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-season game   Pre-season game I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 12:59 am

Hack Enslash wrote:
Mummy 4spp (2 cas), Ghoul 4 spp (1 pass 1td), Wight 9spp (td 3 cas), Mummy 4spp (2 cas), Ghoul 3spp (td).
24 spp plus mvp which went to another Ghoul.
Was an insane game, sigh, I will prob never reach those heights again.
Yeah Rodge, my first season pretty much was a struggle with only 1 ghoul and deaths on key Wights (cough, Rodge, cough) and poor injury rolls.

Duce, team value is 1350 but thats a bloated roster of 14 with my 2 new zombies. May trim it down for seasons start, on the other hand its nice to have a bench and the option for subs if need to drop the boots on prone enemy targets.

Meant to add that Grahams team will be a monster in another 5 or 6 games, he already has ag and str boosts as well as block everywhere including the cheerleaders.

Excellent, your almost up to the same level as my humans (1590) so I can have a nice proper non inducement match not this monday but the next if it suits you.

Also Doesn't sound like you need the team trimmed yet, their still developing. I'm aiming for a nice 1600-1800 TV for the humans and then can begin to look at the players.

Though i need more doubles only have the 1 and no stat increases!
Back to top Go down
GJP
Admin
GJP

Pre-season game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-season game   Pre-season game I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 4:23 am

Slashers vs Rotshots match report

Gerard's Slimy Nurgle squared off against Darrens Rotten Undead in a battle of the decaying on a dark and stormy night.

With a massive 330TV difference the Rotshots turned to Grashnak Blackhoof again, and having failed to learn his lesson from his last appearance in the dark green, promptly slipped on the rain sodden pitch. With the majority of the Slashers gathering round him, it looked like a second match cut short via a boot to the head might be coming. Fortunately he managed to fend of the blows and get back into the game. With the support of the Beast the Slimy Ones managed to put some real pressure on the ball and a failed dodge spilled the ball for the Pestigor to snatch up. Some brave skelly dodging seen the poor beasty left stunned on the pitch and the slashers back in possession, but only long enough for Grashnak to get a clear run at them. With the ball free once more a rotter picked it up and ran as fast as his decaying legs could carry him. Another failed ghoul dodge give him a free run and the half ended 1-0 to the Rotshots.

The second half started with a kick deep into the Rotshots half. They secured the ball and moved it smartly down the pitch. But the Beast went stupid at a key moment leaving the ball carrier exposed in the worst way and the rest of the half just turned into a brawl in the rain. Game finished 1-0 to Nurgle.

Will all the rain, while having no effect on the pick ups seemed to take the edge of the blocking game. The Slashers only managed one Casualty all match (a badly hurt rotter) and the Rotshots didn't break armour until the 7th turn of the first half! Though we did break a ghouls leg! Both my casualties went to Grashnak so I only got 8 SPP and Darren 7! And I rolled a 1 for winnings only to reroll an other 1! Sucks! Darren MVP went to a skelly who rolled a normal skill. I'm still allocating for this game and the next one so the MVP was giving to one of the NWs on 0SPP. So yeah my new TV has gone from 1060 to 1070 for the bump in fan factor! I've got 120k in the bank so next game should mean 3rd reroll! I'm not doing too bad with only 2, but that 3rd should hopefull speed up development of the team.

Last edited by GJP on Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hack Enslash

Hack Enslash

Pre-season game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-season game   Pre-season game I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 5:12 am

Next game I'm bringing a huge salt cellar to dump over that beast and remove it from the game forever. Hugely annoying thing.
Back to top Go down
Skullroller

Skullroller

Pre-season game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-season game   Pre-season game I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 9:00 am

Yeah the beast is a real squelchy pain! Nice report Gerard. Those Nurgle guys are becoming a true force. Sadly it looks like both Myers and Vorhees survived the match - will no-one put these monsters to final rest! I would like to say i look forward to future matches against these teams, but in truth i sit in the corner rocking back and forth hoping for the pain to end soon!
Back to top Go down
Hack Enslash

Hack Enslash

Pre-season game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-season game   Pre-season game I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 2:39 pm

Graham put on your big boy pants and get the Skullrollers back on the pitch. I think your being too soft in training. Get them to man up, Grr!
Back to top Go down
GJP
Admin
GJP

Pre-season game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-season game   Pre-season game I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 2:43 pm

My Nurgle team can't be that fearsome. They're only 1070TV and never score more than 1 TD a game!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pre-season game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-season game   Pre-season game I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pre-season game
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next