The Northern Ireland BloodBowl League Experience
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Northern Ireland BloodBowl League Experience

Welcome to Nibble, hopefully to be Northern Ireland's favourite BloodBowl forum for making leagues or finding players.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

High Elves nearly ready, need first game.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dzerards
Admin
Dzerards

High Elves nearly ready, need first game. Empty
PostSubject: High Elves nearly ready, need first game.   High Elves nearly ready, need first game. I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 10:22 am

My High Elves are almost finished; anyone fancy giving them their first run out?
Back to top Go down
Captain Denaro

PostSubject: Re: High Elves nearly ready, need first game.   High Elves nearly ready, need first game. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 3:48 am

Gerard, as always I'm up for a game if you fancy it. Could play this Saturday in Lisburn or some other time that suits?
Back to top Go down
Dzerards
Admin
Dzerards

PostSubject: Re: High Elves nearly ready, need first game.   High Elves nearly ready, need first game. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 6:32 am

Cool, a bit of Elf on Elf violence!

This is them so far:

High Elves nearly ready, need first game. P9270710

Starting team of Thrower, 2 Blitzers and 8 linemen. Plus 3 Rerolls.

I've still got the Catchers and the Stars to paint but Gears of War 3 happened!

High Elves nearly ready, need first game. P9270711
Back to top Go down
Captain Denaro

PostSubject: Re: High Elves nearly ready, need first game.   High Elves nearly ready, need first game. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 6:56 am

Looks good I like the colour of their armour. My pro-Elves team has 2 Throwers, 3 Catchers, 2 Blitzers and 4 Linemen with 2 rerolls. I can make Lisburn for 12?
Back to top Go down
Dzerards
Admin
Dzerards

PostSubject: Re: High Elves nearly ready, need first game.   High Elves nearly ready, need first game. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 7:21 am

If you wanted to try and get two games in we could aim for an earlier time, say 10:30 maybe. That way you could play either my developed Lizardmen (1250TV) or Underworld (1150TV) teams allowing you to induce an apoth for that first game and giving you the chance at being able to buy one for the High Elf game.

I might start with a Catcher instead of the Thrower as I'll probably need the extra speed!
Back to top Go down
Captain Denaro

PostSubject: Re: High Elves nearly ready, need first game.   High Elves nearly ready, need first game. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 7:38 am

11 would be better? Any problems and I'll send a text but see you then.
Back to top Go down
Dzerards
Admin
Dzerards

PostSubject: Re: High Elves nearly ready, need first game.   High Elves nearly ready, need first game. I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 6:33 am

No worries. See you at 11.
Back to top Go down
Captain Denaro

PostSubject: Re: High Elves nearly ready, need first game.   High Elves nearly ready, need first game. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 1:10 am

Just wondering which team you're putting out for the first game so I can look at inducements?

If it's the lizzies I fear I'll not have much of a team left for the 2nd game so a wandering sloth (or 2) will certainly be an option. Either that or i could take Sidewinder and a BB babe.

If it's the Underworld team a wizard could be an option or an apoth and babe or I suppose Longstride or a merc.
Back to top Go down
Dzerards
Admin
Dzerards

PostSubject: Re: High Elves nearly ready, need first game.   High Elves nearly ready, need first game. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 5:52 am

You would be best facing the Underworld team and saving the Lizzies for another day I think, but it's your choice between the two. My Lizardmen aren't that bad really. They only have 2 Block Saurii and one of then is MNG. Also they don't like playing against Elves either. Well, developed Elves, Rookie Elves will probably get smashed! Twisted Evil

As for inducements, a wizard is the most aggressive, with the speed of the elf catchers, it's like an auto TD. Wandering Apothecary + Babe is the least aggressive, but insures the best chance for keeping men on the pitch and that you're not losing one of those 5 =< 100K players to injury or death. Dolfar is the middle of the road option, but with you taking 2 Throwers and 3 Catchers and the Animosity of the Underworld team, i.e., little or no passing, the only skill of his you're likely to use is Kick, which is a nice skill on an Elf team but not one you'd want to pay 150k for.

A reroll and a babe could be good too seeing you're only starting with 2, but all in all I think the wizard is probably best. Just think of the damage a fire ball with its mighty blow could do to all those AV 7 stunty players!
Back to top Go down
Captain Denaro

PostSubject: Re: High Elves nearly ready, need first game.   High Elves nearly ready, need first game. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 7:13 am

Yes not sure I want to lose half my team in their first game so Underworld would certainly be my preference.

BTW I've changed to 1 Thrower as that leaves me 10 000 in the bank to go towards an apoth for game 2 (1 in 2 chance basic rather than 1 in 3 of earning enough).

I'll probably go for the wizard this time (and hopefully remember to use him) as if used at the right time could make a bigger difference than the other options.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: High Elves nearly ready, need first game.   High Elves nearly ready, need first game. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

High Elves nearly ready, need first game.
Page 1 of 1