The Northern Ireland BloodBowl League Experience
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Northern Ireland BloodBowl League Experience

Welcome to Nibble, hopefully to be Northern Ireland's favourite BloodBowl forum for making leagues or finding players.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Have BloodBowl, will travel...how to do it better and lighter

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
colmo
Admin

Have BloodBowl, will travel...how to do it better and lighter Empty
PostSubject: Have BloodBowl, will travel...how to do it better and lighter   Have BloodBowl, will travel...how to do it better and lighter I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 12:11 am

Gerard was showing me his compact and efficient travelling BB kit.

He has a board, dice and counters, and enough models to field 5 rosters by use of duplicates. All in a small case.

Meanwhile, I have two huge shopping bags which achieve nowhere near the same efficiency.

So, what gear do you recommend to slim down the BB luggage? I think I've made a good start with the felt pitch.
Back to top Go down
colmo
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Have BloodBowl, will travel...how to do it better and lighter   Have BloodBowl, will travel...how to do it better and lighter I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 1:05 am

Minimum models to field Undead, Necro and Khemri:

4 Mummies/Tomb Guardians
2 Werewolves
2 Ghouls (2 more optional)
2 Wights/Blitz-Ras
5 Skeletons (inc. 2 Thro-Ras)
5 Zombies (depends on no of positionals of starting Necros, this assumes 6)

Total: 20 models
Back to top Go down
colmo
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Have BloodBowl, will travel...how to do it better and lighter   Have BloodBowl, will travel...how to do it better and lighter I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 1:11 am

Minimum models to field Norse, Chaos Pact

9 Marauders/Norse (more optional)
2 Ulfwerners
Snow Troll/Troll
Ogre, Minotaur, Elf, Goblin, Skaven all optional

Total: Around 13 min. / 17+ fully sorted

Further option:
Add 1-6 Vampires and use Marauders/Norse as very buff Thralls! Also could make a Norscan-theme regular Human roster with addition of Catchers - maybe a hand swap between plastic human catcher and plastic Marauder.
Back to top Go down
colmo
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Have BloodBowl, will travel...how to do it better and lighter   Have BloodBowl, will travel...how to do it better and lighter I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 1:51 am

Minimum models for Chaos and Nurgle:

4 Warriors
7 Beastmen (4 painted as Pestigors)
5 Rotters
1 Beast of Nurgle
1 Minotaur (if used)

Total: 17 min.
Back to top Go down
colmo
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Have BloodBowl, will travel...how to do it better and lighter   Have BloodBowl, will travel...how to do it better and lighter I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 2:58 am

Minimum models for Humans and High Elves (thinking Black Scorpion here):

4 Blizers
2 Throwers
2 Catchers (2 more optional - the guys with capes)
6 Linemen
1 Ogre

Total: 15 min. (Team deal + booster + Ogre is 17)
Back to top Go down
colmo
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Have BloodBowl, will travel...how to do it better and lighter   Have BloodBowl, will travel...how to do it better and lighter I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 3:24 am

Teams that don't synergise we'll with other rosters in this way:

Orcs, Slann, Lizardmen, Chaos Dwarfs (unless you also use them as evil Dwarfs), Dwarfs, Ogres, Halfling,

Middling ones:
High Elves and Dark Elves (combo with Pro Elves), Amazon (combo as Norse/Pact/Humans)

Other combos:
Goblin/Skaven/Underworld, Pro/Wood Elves, Humans/Vampires
Back to top Go down
GJP
Admin
GJP

PostSubject: Re: Have BloodBowl, will travel...how to do it better and lighter   Have BloodBowl, will travel...how to do it better and lighter I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 3:53 am

Don't forget room for Star Players.

I got the Aquillafour from KR Multicases. It takes the pitch, dugouts and rules in the front pocket and has room for 3 full teams inside, including stars and big guys.

In my case (and in my case) I've got Nurgle, Skaven and Goblins, which gives you Chaos and Underworld too.

Slann and Lizardmen synergise well in regards to Star Players
Back to top Go down
colmo
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Have BloodBowl, will travel...how to do it better and lighter   Have BloodBowl, will travel...how to do it better and lighter I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 6:49 am

Just had a look on KR's site, lots of variants there. Which one is yours? What tray size is best, the 50 compartment one? I suppose you can trim out a side wall for big guys?

Edit: Found the Fantasy Football page, so Aquilla 3 or 4. I suspect 2 half-size 23mm trays plus a pluckable 51mm might be the way to go? Number of big guys is the main factor.
Back to top Go down
GJP
Admin
GJP

PostSubject: Re: Have BloodBowl, will travel...how to do it better and lighter   Have BloodBowl, will travel...how to do it better and lighter I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 11:12 am

colmo wrote:

Edit: Found the Fantasy Football page, so Aquilla 3 or 4. I suspect 2 half-size 23mm trays plus a pluckable 51mm might be the way to go? Number of big guys is the main factor.

Aye that's the one I got. Configured it for 2 Trolls, Ripper, Headsplitter, Beast of Nurgle, Plastic Mino. Plus some of the over sized minis like the Fanatic, the Pogoer, the Loony, Whiparm, Hack 'n Slash. Plus all the dice and counters. Plus there is still room to fit Morg in too if I want. So that's 55 normal guys, and 6 (7 if I add Morg) big guys.

I had initially ordered Aquilla 3 with the 32mm deep 50 piece tray, as that allows you to fit the board inside the case, but there was room in the front pocket to fit the board, so they sent me out the trays to configure it as a Aquilla 4. Still got the other tray so used it for my Slann and Lizardmen so I can swap in my Lustian sides. There's still room in that tray for one more team of about 13-14.
Back to top Go down
GJP
Admin
GJP

PostSubject: Re: Have BloodBowl, will travel...how to do it better and lighter   Have BloodBowl, will travel...how to do it better and lighter I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 11:50 am

Here's some photos of the case. First with it broken down:
Have BloodBowl, will travel...how to do it better and lighter P4250610

Then assembled
Have BloodBowl, will travel...how to do it better and lighter P4250611

Showing the pitch, dugouts and rules in the front pocket
Have BloodBowl, will travel...how to do it better and lighter P4250612

Finally the Lustian tray with Morg
Have BloodBowl, will travel...how to do it better and lighter P4250613
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Have BloodBowl, will travel...how to do it better and lighter   Have BloodBowl, will travel...how to do it better and lighter I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Have BloodBowl, will travel...how to do it better and lighter
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Northern Ireland BloodBowl League Experience :: General :: Introductions and General Chat-
Jump to: