The Northern Ireland BloodBowl League Experience
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Northern Ireland BloodBowl League Experience

Welcome to Nibble, hopefully to be Northern Ireland's favourite BloodBowl forum for making leagues or finding players.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

North Vs south Bloodbowl?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Duce
Admin
Duce

North Vs south Bloodbowl? Empty
PostSubject: North Vs south Bloodbowl?   North Vs south Bloodbowl? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 4:07 am

So I'm still working out what the plans should be, but i'm game for doing this as a Home and Away thing.

Who's interested in trying to get this gonig? maybe team of atleast 4+ with a max 6 people.

not sure when etc, but it can be worked around Stewart's event if hes still working on it, coudl even advertise it to the guys down south and get them to come along for numbers.

any input or suggestions?

PS Ken your a northerner if this happens Razz
Back to top Go down
https://nibble.forumotion.com
Rodge

PostSubject: Re: North Vs south Bloodbowl?   North Vs south Bloodbowl? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 4:37 am

I spoke to Greg about it last time I played him, I agree with his thoughts that the hardest part will be getting people from either side to commit to attending the respective "away" fixture.
So where would you think about hosting the home leg?

Also, what kind of format would work for a matchup like this?
Just 1 game played each?
Or maybe look to play a few rounds? - if people are travelling 100 miles, I guess it'd be better if they're getting more than a single game to mark their journey.

i don't mind playing for either side, so might just end up being employed as a mercenary if numbers are an issue for either away team Smile
Back to top Go down
Duce
Admin
Duce

PostSubject: Re: North Vs south Bloodbowl?   North Vs south Bloodbowl? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 4:48 am

I'd though 2 games each maybe, lunch inbetween and if people want dinner. As for location i'm open to suggestions. had pondered the hotel did CQC in or somewhere in Belfast. or even maybe at wasters club?
Back to top Go down
chub

PostSubject: Re: North Vs south Bloodbowl?   North Vs south Bloodbowl? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 11:07 am

I am still working on my event but it will probably be round March/April, deffo put my name down for the team and if you want I can see about getting the M.A.C (where the Northern Wasters meet) but unfortunately I can't guarantee catering. However the Hotel where the CQC was held was a pretty great venue Very Happy Also Belfast would be more of a middle ground compared to Ballymena.
As far as the tournament goes what about running it as a single day 3 game tourney, but run two different tables one North one South and match players off that Maybe with a semi random first draw ETC style
Back to top Go down
ex_idol

PostSubject: Re: North Vs south Bloodbowl?   North Vs south Bloodbowl? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 10:49 am

Love this idea, Dublin and Belfast seem the most obvious locations, getting this going could then be taken further, to a home nations event, then the world! Mwa ha ha ha, sorry
Back to top Go down
GJP
Admin
GJP

PostSubject: Re: North Vs south Bloodbowl?   North Vs south Bloodbowl? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 1:08 pm

There is already some talk of a home nations event on the TFF forum, but they are only thinking of England, Scotland and Wales at the moment.
Back to top Go down
ex_idol

PostSubject: Re: North Vs south Bloodbowl?   North Vs south Bloodbowl? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 12:34 pm

Probably cuz most people forget NI exists! Has anyone pointed out that they are missing us out, a lot of Engligh people actually don't realise we're part of the UK and down south is still part of British Isles

(I apologise on behalf of the English bit of me Wink)
Back to top Go down
Duce
Admin
Duce

PostSubject: Re: North Vs south Bloodbowl?   North Vs south Bloodbowl? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 1:56 am

Well i got to meet some of the southern players at the 40k event I was at in Limerick, met John and i think a greg, or patrick. chtted to them and some smack talk was traded. Razz

Looking forward to this now.
Back to top Go down
chub

PostSubject: Re: North Vs south Bloodbowl?   North Vs south Bloodbowl? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 11:18 am

Duce wrote:
Looking forward to this now.

Damn right I say we should have a two day event down South first, as the Craic is always great down there

Woody doesn't play BloodBowl does he Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: North Vs south Bloodbowl?   North Vs south Bloodbowl? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

North Vs south Bloodbowl?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Northern Ireland BloodBowl League Experience :: General :: Introductions and General Chat-
Jump to: