The Northern Ireland BloodBowl League Experience
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Northern Ireland BloodBowl League Experience

Welcome to Nibble, hopefully to be Northern Ireland's favourite BloodBowl forum for making leagues or finding players.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mantic Crazy Christmas Bag - 120+ models under £25

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
colmo
Admin

Mantic Crazy Christmas Bag - 120+ models under £25 Empty
PostSubject: Mantic Crazy Christmas Bag - 120+ models under £25   Mantic Crazy Christmas Bag - 120+ models under £25 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 2:30 pm

I thought the WHFB players might like this deal:

http://www.manticgames.com/Shop-Home/Chr...s-Bag.html

Contents appear to be mainly Kings of War / WHFB compatible models from their Elf, Dwarf, Orc and Undead range:

http://www.manticgames.com/Forum.html?topic=1289

Don't forget there's a nice bag! Note, no bases included, but you could use GW or Mantic bases as you prefer. For BB conversions, you'll want round bases anyway.

I'm thinking about getting some, either to convert for BB, include in my Warhammer armies (thus far totally unused!), or sell on on ebay per sprue when the offer is over!
Back to top Go down
Dzerards
Admin
Dzerards

PostSubject: Re: Mantic Crazy Christmas Bag - 120+ models under £25   Mantic Crazy Christmas Bag - 120+ models under £25 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 2:34 pm

That first link isn'y working. Best putting it in a link. What BB teams are you thinking of making/converting?

Noticed Greebo are having a 25% off sale over Xmas. Might pick up them Nercos I've been fancying!
Back to top Go down
colmo
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mantic Crazy Christmas Bag - 120+ models under £25   Mantic Crazy Christmas Bag - 120+ models under £25 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 7:07 am

I got my goody bag. I count 121 models in total, including 15 Orcs, 24 Dwarfs, and the rest are Elves or Skeletons.

I does appear they deliberately picked out their least Bloodbowl-friendly models! No Zombies, Ghouls, only 4 Elf Scouts...sigh. Most of the Elves and Undead have moulded shields to their bodies. The Dwarfs and Orcs (they're Black Orc size) are much more substantial than the Elves or Undead, and I think have BB potential, perhaps mixing and matching with the copious GW Marauder sprues I now have (bagged 16 more on sprues for £8 on the bay recently). They'll just need weapons filed off.

As WHFB miniatures, they're all perfectly good, with more natural proportions than GW. The Elves are probably their weakest sculpts, while I think the Orcs are the best.

I may sell some on eBay in the new year on a free listing day, or hawk them at LGC.

The Messenger bag is ok - it's a tough natural fibre material that should wear well. I'll see if my old hard case fits inside it. It should do nicely for transporting a portable BB kit and a few teams.

I got two cases, one large, one small, and they're just VHS cases, and cheap ones at that, with two thin pieces of foam. Inadequate for metal figures, certainly. I won't be getting more of those!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mantic Crazy Christmas Bag - 120+ models under £25   Mantic Crazy Christmas Bag - 120+ models under £25 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mantic Crazy Christmas Bag - 120+ models under £25
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Northern Ireland BloodBowl League Experience :: General :: Introductions and General Chat-
Jump to: