The Northern Ireland BloodBowl League Experience
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Northern Ireland BloodBowl League Experience

Welcome to Nibble, hopefully to be Northern Ireland's favourite BloodBowl forum for making leagues or finding players.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hitler learns of GW price increases...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
colmo
Admin

Hitler learns of GW price increases... Empty
PostSubject: Hitler learns of GW price increases...   Hitler learns of GW price increases... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 8:01 am

Just watched this brilliant video (and I'm not one who posts Youtube links lightly!):

https://youtu.be/D7mU53IHNOU

P.S. I LOLed at 3:00!
Back to top Go down
Duce
Admin
Duce

PostSubject: Re: Hitler learns of GW price increases...   Hitler learns of GW price increases... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 8:45 am

those Hitler videos are great. loved the doom of malantai one for the nids Smile and also the battletech one
Back to top Go down
https://nibble.forumotion.com
GJP
Admin
GJP

PostSubject: Re: Hitler learns of GW price increases...   Hitler learns of GW price increases... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 1:49 pm

Yeah, they're always good for a laugh if well written. That ground diamonds and cocaine line cracked me up, but I've a feeling I saw that somewhere before. But do you really think it costs 50p to make a model they're selling for £4-5?

To be fair, from a BB point of view, Impact, Greedo, etc aren't much cheaper, even if they are way cooler. Metal is expensive, eBay's the way to go!
Back to top Go down
colmo
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hitler learns of GW price increases...   Hitler learns of GW price increases... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 2:03 pm

The markup on plastic is phenomenal, as all the expense is in mould setup. That's why marking up the Necrons, long since having paid for their R&D, hurts.

For resin, most of the cost is in the act of moulding a copy.

Metal prices have been worked into model costs for some time, so GW pocketing the difference, instead of doing as Mantic did and including twice as many resin models for no change in price, proves GW are taking the piss.

Hardest hit are the likes of Heresy - all those Ogres and other big guys cost vastly more than they did - the Ogre with Table is now £26, and I remember it was £8

Impact charge appropriately - they're yet to break totally even after 5 year, I believe, but are heading that way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hitler learns of GW price increases...   Hitler learns of GW price increases... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hitler learns of GW price increases...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Northern Ireland BloodBowl League Experience :: General :: Introductions and General Chat-
Jump to: