The Northern Ireland BloodBowl League Experience
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Northern Ireland BloodBowl League Experience

Welcome to Nibble, hopefully to be Northern Ireland's favourite BloodBowl forum for making leagues or finding players.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Living Rule Book Seven!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
GJP
Admin
GJP

Living Rule Book Seven! Empty
PostSubject: Living Rule Book Seven!   Living Rule Book Seven! I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 1:05 pm

A list of thing Tom Anders would like to see play tested if LRB7 ever happened.

1) Sneaky Git works as it does now and like Guard for fouling assists
2) +1 to the AV for a foul if the fouler is not in an opposing tackle zone
3) -10k for Human Blitzers
4) +1 AV to Human Catchers (no price change)
5) MA 6 to Snotling (no price change)
6) Right Stuff prevents Tackle from negating Dodge for Pow!
7) Bank rules at either 100k or 150k
Cool A player cannot use his skills that modify the Armour or Injury roll when using a Piling On re-roll
9) Raise Tomb Guardians +10k in price, AV 8, remove Decay, and give them Break Tackle

Interesting. Love the Right Stuff mod!

Back to top Go down
Hack Enslash

Hack Enslash

PostSubject: Re: Living Rule Book Seven!   Living Rule Book Seven! I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 2:09 pm

Interesting stuff G, hopefully someday it all gets sorted out so we can see LRB7 happening.
Back to top Go down
colmo
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Living Rule Book Seven!   Living Rule Book Seven! I_icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 7:48 am

Sadly, that's now just a wishlist - The BBRC and Tom writing the rules are distant memories now.

We'll have to look to Jervis to get things moving again on the rules.

I like the majority of those suggestions, except maybe 6 - Stunties would actually be a serious threat; maybe it's to make them more Dwarf-proof.

I think some of the mutations actually need a touch of pimping - e.g. Tentacles aren't all that good (on lower Strength, but that's just me trying to make random mutations work!). I'd like bigger bonuses on some, with a minor drawback. I remember the Carapace mutation - +2 AV, -1 MA, and Obese. I can't remember the exact bonuses, but it could easily affect all the stat lines - +1 S and AV, -1 AG and MA. +1 S might be too good, but you get the idea.

Gerard, where did he post this, TFF? Linkie, please!
Back to top Go down
GJP
Admin
GJP

PostSubject: Re: Living Rule Book Seven!   Living Rule Book Seven! I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 3:47 am

http://www.talkfantasyfootball.org/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=33887

Which links to the Cyanide forums where he actually made the statement.

It looks like Fumbbl is going a head an implementing them as optionally league rules, so there is no reason why other leagues can't do the same. Much like how CRP was playtested as LRB5+: CRP+ if you will.

As for number 6, tackle would still work on dodges. As it stands presently with CRP Stunties aren't viable past 10 games.
Back to top Go down
colmo
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Living Rule Book Seven!   Living Rule Book Seven! I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 3:58 am

Hmm.....HMMMMM

What say we use those options in the NIBBLE league?

Blood Bowl is not GW's baby anymore, so why not?
Back to top Go down
Duce
Admin
Duce

PostSubject: Re: Living Rule Book Seven!   Living Rule Book Seven! I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 6:14 am

3) -10k for Human Blitzers
4) +1 AV to Human Catchers (no price change)

As a human player I mmm'd at these two especially, i'd finally use catchers in my team.
and with the saved 40k from buying 4 blitzers ic ould easily get a beter lineup (either sub 2 linesmen form my 6 for catchers, or work out taking ogre and 12th man or even apoth)
Back to top Go down
https://nibble.forumotion.com
GJP
Admin
GJP

PostSubject: Re: Living Rule Book Seven!   Living Rule Book Seven! I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 12:26 pm

They were even talk of reducing the Price of the Ogres to 130k and giving both Blitz-Ras and Thro-Ras Thick Skull to match the normal skellies.
Back to top Go down
colmo
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Living Rule Book Seven!   Living Rule Book Seven! I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 12:54 pm

When I suggested using these rules in NIBBLE, I was thinking of the FUMBBL league - but I suppose we could use them in tabletop too. As I understand we'll be a while before season 3, plenty of time to cogitate on such things.

A reduction in Ogre price is a good thing, and I think a reduction in Minotaur price too, as they are a bit hopeless atm. All other Big Guys are fine.

I'm not so sure about the Human changes - they're fine at the lower TV values, more than fine actually. It's at the top end they would run out of steam - that usually translates to a lack of base stat line quality and skill options (tends to be the way with G-only linemen equipped teams).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Living Rule Book Seven!   Living Rule Book Seven! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Living Rule Book Seven!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Northern Ireland BloodBowl League Experience :: Belfast / Lisburn BloodBowl League :: General League chat-
Jump to: