The Northern Ireland BloodBowl League Experience
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Northern Ireland BloodBowl League Experience

Welcome to Nibble, hopefully to be Northern Ireland's favourite BloodBowl forum for making leagues or finding players.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Season 2 kicking off Jan 17th

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Duce
Admin
Duce

Season 2 kicking off Jan 17th Empty
PostSubject: Season 2 kicking off Jan 17th   Season 2 kicking off Jan 17th I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 2:17 am

With the off seasno coming to a close the new season of the BBL is kicking off early next year.

Rules will be as follows.

Players may play each other once before having to play a different opponent before they can play that person again, Conceding the match may only be done as found on page 29. Any abuse of this will lead to both teams being excluded from future matches, but I’m confident no one would want to win by having their opponent concede on turn 16 after farming SSp’s.

+Rosters will continue be made from the Living rulebook 6 (LBR6) to a value of 1 million.

+The rulebook & official teams can be found here;
http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m780049a_Blood_Bowl_Competition_Rules.pdf

+Also I will be allowing the three extra teams from the experimental rulebook in case anyone wishes to use them.
http://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B29SREkckMA4YjIyNWFhMDMtYTcyMy00OGU4LTg2Y2ItYTc4ODliNWQxOTM0&hl=en

+ As a new addition I’m going to allow the Bretonnian team from Plasmaoid’s site as a test for the next season found here:
http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/BBBretonnians.htm

+Any teams created begin with 0 Fan factor unless the player wishes to spend money raising it in the team building stage.

+Inducements for teams will continue to be as per page 28 (More information on each on page 69-70) excluding the inducement special play cards (pages 55-62). These will not be in use.

+All optional rules will be in effect for this league including weather.

+Rolls for any star player point level ups must be done in front of either your opponent or a neutral third party after the match, and the extra value added to the player and the team sheet updated prior to the next match (The sequences on page 28 and the following few pages in the rule book).

+Spiralling expenses will occur as per the living rulebook on page 29.

+Fouling will be accepted; it’s in the rules so it will be used.

+There will be no skill caps for this league; players can use each skill as much throughout their team as they wish.

+The MVP (Most valuable player) award at the end of the game must be randomised by the coach in front of the opponent or another neutral player. Please keep this honest as its more fun that way for everyone.

+Any players being used must have a model to represent them. This includes a model to represent any star players being taken when/if the team rating gap occurs.

+People may prefer to paint the edges of the base to make their different positional stand out; Blitzer=Red; Catcher=yellow; Thrower=white; Blocker=green; Lineman=gray; any other=purple

+Conceding is never fun, thus:

If the team can only field 2 or less players there is no additional penalties, they keep their MVP and income for the match. The other team is then allowed to score enough Touch Downs to win by 1 and allocate the scoring SSP’s to a random player in their team.

If the player concedes with more than 3 players able to take to the field, then the other team is then allowed to score enough Touchdowns to win by 1 and allocate the scoring SSP’s randomly to one of their players, as well as giving up their winnings and MVP to the other team and losing 1 FF.

If a team which is winning concedes then the other team is awarded a number of touchdowns to bring them 2 scores ahead of the conceding player as well as being allowed to randomly determine who scored the TD's (Calling a game when winning is never fun for the other player thus they get given extra touchdowns by the match organisers for the hassle). The conceding team loses 2FF and gains no winnings or MVP for the match.

Games Can be played in either TTn on monday nights or in Lisburn gaming club on saturdays.

If anyone's guy suggestions please mention them, i'm open to input.
Back to top Go down
https://nibble.forumotion.com
Hack Enslash

Hack Enslash

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 kicking off Jan 17th   Season 2 kicking off Jan 17th I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 3:24 am

Looking forward to the new league starting James but will it be possible to play games at peoples houses too? Have played Colin, and Andrew at their places and am always willing to host a game. Working Mondays and Saturdays means I will miss a lot of the season otherwise.

Back to top Go down
Duce
Admin
Duce

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 kicking off Jan 17th   Season 2 kicking off Jan 17th I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 1:32 am

Sure, can change it to allow games to be played at houses as venues too, or other agreed places. Only rule is that a match report will have to be posted for the others to read and drool over Razz
Back to top Go down
Duce
Admin
Duce

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 kicking off Jan 17th   Season 2 kicking off Jan 17th I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 11:14 am

Just curious how many players we're looking at for season 2.

making assumptions I count:

Me
Colin
David
Darren
Gerard
Graham
andrew ?
darrens friend ?

Miss any or are some on the list not joining?

Last edited by Duce on Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GJP
Admin
GJP

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 kicking off Jan 17th   Season 2 kicking off Jan 17th I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 2:26 am

I'll be playing, the snow (and fallout: New Vegas) had kept me quiet over the last month, but looking forward to running out on the bloodstained pitch soon!
Back to top Go down
Hack Enslash

Hack Enslash

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 kicking off Jan 17th   Season 2 kicking off Jan 17th I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 5:59 am

Ill be in and will see if the other guy from my work is planning on playing. He's a total rookie but you gots to learn somehow. Will we be limited to one team or can I run the Slashers and Killas?
Back to top Go down
Duce
Admin
Duce

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 kicking off Jan 17th   Season 2 kicking off Jan 17th I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 2:00 am

I reckon you could. means more variety in the league.

Don't forget also people that the league kicks off this Monday, games can be played at TTN, Lisburn gaming group or at mutual agreed meetnig points. Match reports are wanted and if not posted i'll bribe colin with Star player points and gerard with biscuits to hunt down the offenders Smile

I'm planning to run the league 17th Jan to 25th April, thats 15 weeks odd for games, too long or not long enough?

Also do remember you can play more than 1 game a week Smile
Back to top Go down
colmo
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 kicking off Jan 17th   Season 2 kicking off Jan 17th I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 6:02 am

Two teams allowed per player? That's handy. I would have liked more games for the Chaos Theory before relying on them as my sole league representatives, so Extreme Prejudice will also carry my banner.

I'm looking for a new job atm as my present one will end soon, so no idea when I'll play exactly.

My bro's name is David, btw!
Back to top Go down
Duce
Admin
Duce

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 kicking off Jan 17th   Season 2 kicking off Jan 17th I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 7:39 am

I'd pondered using Bretts and maybe my humans again.
Back to top Go down
GJP
Admin
GJP

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 kicking off Jan 17th   Season 2 kicking off Jan 17th I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 2:35 pm

I defo using my Lizzies. Don't know who either between Nurgle and Slann though for #2.
Back to top Go down
Duce
Admin
Duce

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 kicking off Jan 17th   Season 2 kicking off Jan 17th I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 3:09 am

Both team slots don't have to be used up. I'm tempted to use 1 team myself now to keep focus on them and not split it between playstyles.
Back to top Go down
Hack Enslash

Hack Enslash

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 kicking off Jan 17th   Season 2 kicking off Jan 17th I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 1:36 pm

Reason I asked about using 2 teams was for the weeks you can only play the same person again due to lack of opponents. Can switch up teams. Sorted.
Back to top Go down
Duce
Admin
Duce

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 kicking off Jan 17th   Season 2 kicking off Jan 17th I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 2:05 am

any games played yesterday night then?
Back to top Go down
GJP
Admin
GJP

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 kicking off Jan 17th   Season 2 kicking off Jan 17th I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 3:25 am

I'm still up for the league but my cousin is still on a health kick, so it was squash again for me last night. I give him till the start of February before either me cleaning his clock gets old or he goes himself in somehow!
Back to top Go down
Hack Enslash

Hack Enslash

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 kicking off Jan 17th   Season 2 kicking off Jan 17th I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 9:26 am

Aye season kicked off with Drillas Killas (Orcs) v Damned Utd (Necro). Full match report to follow. (exciting)
Back to top Go down
reroll

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 kicking off Jan 17th   Season 2 kicking off Jan 17th I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 2:09 pm

Hi. I'd like to join the league, but won't get playing many games during the time period - maybe a handful of games. I'd like to join anyway for a bit of fun. I'll be playing humans. Do I need to do anything to register? I might get to LGC this Saturday (12th). Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Duce
Admin
Duce

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 kicking off Jan 17th   Season 2 kicking off Jan 17th I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 1:22 am

Hey, you can indeed join the league, all you need to do is arrange games with the others and then post up match reports in the team blog section. Don't worry if you can't play many games, just play what you want/can and se ehow it goes Smile

I'm gonig to be down in lisburn this saturday (12th) if you want a game, ask for duce/james and someone will point me out.

For the league its basically keep a record of your own teams progress in the blog and I update the table.

Also i'm liking your team choice, Humans are my team of choice, used them season 1 with a 4 Blitzer, 2 thrower, 6 linesmen 4 reroll team layout and found it to my liking.

Aren't you from Lisburn gaming club too? (Recognise the name I think is all), if so I think I said hello a while back to you and friends who played.
Back to top Go down
reroll

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 kicking off Jan 17th   Season 2 kicking off Jan 17th I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 3:05 pm

Yeah I met you at LGC a while back, with another mate or two. Not sure now that I can go this Sat - real life looks like it might get in the way again! If I don't make it, I definitely will get down soon and at least get a couple of games in the league.
Back to top Go down
Duce
Admin
Duce

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 kicking off Jan 17th   Season 2 kicking off Jan 17th I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 12:57 am

Phew, thought i recognised the forum name from chatting to you before. No worries if you fnid you can only get a few games in, the leagues for fun and the end of season match which going by our last one will have many back stabbings and underhanded team work. (Last one was a 4 player dugeon bowl)
Back to top Go down
colmo
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 kicking off Jan 17th   Season 2 kicking off Jan 17th I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 5:38 pm

As I never made it home to Fermanagh, I might get a few games in instead at Lisburn. Don't expect me to get there early!
Back to top Go down
Duce
Admin
Duce

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 kicking off Jan 17th   Season 2 kicking off Jan 17th I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 2:56 am

The End of season 2 is closing in (25th of this month). Sadly this season RL and other gaming commitments got the better of me.

I'd have liked to get more games, but with the next two weekends being booked up with brothers wedding and weekend after away for the Home nations I think my games will sit as the are.

maybe just a bad time fo the year to get games in?
Back to top Go down
GJP
Admin
GJP

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 kicking off Jan 17th   Season 2 kicking off Jan 17th I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 3:12 am

Well, speaking for myself I got plenty of games in! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
colmo
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 kicking off Jan 17th   Season 2 kicking off Jan 17th I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 3:20 am

Probably. We should take the summer off, just have it as an extended pre-season, and resume later in the year.

Do we have any confirmed tournaments for the summer? Wouldn't mind a Dungeonbowl or a 7s!

I know for me a one-off event suits me better than a game here or there as I'm currently the wrong side of the Bann. Something reasonably social would be nice, we all haven't seen a lot of each other in a while!

I have a hall at my disposal here, any thoughts on a tourney in Fermanagh?

Once FUMBBL translates their League division to CRP rules, we can have an online league there too.
Back to top Go down
Duce
Admin
Duce

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 kicking off Jan 17th   Season 2 kicking off Jan 17th I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 3:23 am

Youre a lil game whore Gerard Razz

As for tourneys sadly I'm not in a opsition to organise one over the summer as I'll be busy moving house etc.

If someone els ecan do one though i'll happily back it with the site and Facebook. Though its hard and slow to find new players / recruits seems Sad

Colin, may work, not sure how far a drive it is though and if people would make it for bloodbowl?
Back to top Go down
colmo
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 kicking off Jan 17th   Season 2 kicking off Jan 17th I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 3:44 am

It is a long, long way from Belfast, 80 miles or so.
Car pooling would make sense for a journey that long. Its a ready-made location, has a kitchen and long tables, plenty of light - not sure we'd be able to use the bar though!

There's one Bloodbowl player here I could recruit too, Robert Elliot aka brownrob, and I might tempt my bro home for it. Weekend is best, obviously. There are one or two beds I could lay on should anyone want to stay the night - my house is 100 yards from the hall, and is a bit out in the country. Its an Orange hall, just to warn anyone of sensitivity towards such things (I think few of us give a toss!) - it would have to be called the Orange Bowl! I'll work on a backstory based on the Williamite wars, but with a few more Dwarfs and Orcs in it...

I defo see a barbeque involved come the end of such a day, or around lunch if many folks need to shoot off afterwards.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 kicking off Jan 17th   Season 2 kicking off Jan 17th I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Season 2 kicking off Jan 17th
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Northern Ireland BloodBowl League Experience :: Belfast / Lisburn BloodBowl League :: General League chat-
Jump to: