The Northern Ireland BloodBowl League Experience
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Northern Ireland BloodBowl League Experience

Welcome to Nibble, hopefully to be Northern Ireland's favourite BloodBowl forum for making leagues or finding players.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

practice game Vs Rodge

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Duce
Admin
Duce

practice game  Vs Rodge Empty
PostSubject: practice game Vs Rodge   practice game  Vs Rodge I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 1:28 am

A recap for of the game for you all, was against Rodge who was not used ot skaven style either, so its very much so a learning game for him as to why AV 7 makes you cry.

skaven recieve the kick and spend 4 turns pattering around with the humans then a gutter runner catches the ball from a throw and runs in a score. humans have 2 guys off the field.

the next 4 turns the humans smash the ball up the flank to equal, by this time 3 skaven are in the ko and dead and injured box.

second half humans recieve the kick and plough up for another score, more rats sadly go into the cas box and the ko... Ratty as Ken and I dubbed him has not woken up after 2 shaking rolls to get him back on the field. We both agree hes useless.

humans kick to a badly underpowered skaven team who only have 1 gutter runner and 2 blitzers with a few linesrats. humans steal the ball and manage a turn 13ish TD.

Ken sets up with 2 turns to get one back, sadly for him i managed to catch his gutter runner with my blitzer and knock him down... any other result we both would agree would have led to him scoring... since the rest of his rats were bunched in on the Line of scrummage he was unable to score and took to bashing humans and fouling (impressive 11 to pen armour and 11 to injure) game ends 3-1 to humans. Skaven had 4 in the Dead and injured box, 3 in the KO box. (5 guys on field, 2 blitzers, 1 gutter runner, 2 line rats)

Humans had 5 in Dead and injured box, 1 in Ko box (Had 2 throwers 3 blitzers, 1 lineman still on the field)

we did the injury roll for fun to see how we'd have fared.

humans all just miss rest of the game bar 1 dead linesman, skaven took some -AV, a dead gutter runner, and miss next game and 2 miss this game only.

A brutal match... pity the orcs and goblins couldnt match our wounded piles.

And Ratty never woke up for the remaining Ko rolls. He lives the day but is still useless.

Last edited by Duce on Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:37 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://nibble.forumotion.com
Rodge

PostSubject: Re: practice game Vs Rodge   practice game  Vs Rodge I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 10:58 am

At 2:1 down, I had a gutter runner in position to receive a pass (admittedly marked by two humans, but that's easy to dodge through) and run in a touchdown. I ran forward with my thrower and got into quick pass range. A short pass with an automatic reroll - how can it go wrong? Easy when you have the white dice - 1 followed by a 1, of course Sad

Duce wrote:

Ken sets up with 2 turns to get one back, sadly for him i managed to catch his gutter runner with my blitzer and knock him down... any other result we both would agree would have led to him scoring
Yep, I had great visions for the last two turns. I planned a blitz on the left flank. Everything started well, as the ball bounced off the pitch and I got a touchback to my thrower. Then Duce rolled the dice for the kickoff and got....... the one where the defending team get a quick snap and get the turn. His blitzer went straight for my sole remaning gutter runner. 2 dice block (damned strength 2 rats) saw me go down and even fail the armor roll, so he was stunned. This pretty much ended any chance of getting a consolation touchdown.

It was a really fun game though. One or two dice rolls different and it would have been a lot closer. The skaven with AV7 are a lot more fragile than I like. I was suprised to see the game beside us end up with practically zero casualties - how can a team of goblins escape injury?!?!?! Smile
Back to top Go down
Velsharoon

PostSubject: Re: practice game Vs Rodge   practice game  Vs Rodge I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 3:36 pm

By player skill of course! In all seriousness I couldn't believe it either, while I was getting a lot of hits on the Orcs I couldn't break their armour and while he was getting good results on his block dice the Goblin block ability meant I just kept gettign knocked back.

I must say I was surprised at how well the goblins performed, I did have Trevor helping me with tactical decisions throughout tho, which was kind of necessary since it was my second game I expect if he had gone at it hammer and tongs he would have wiped the floor.

I think I have the rules down ok, and tactically with advice from James and Trevor I think I have a vague idea about what to do in future, but essentially I feel like even tho I lost I won, purely because I never expected to win I just wanted to have fun!

I think its telling that we didn't pick up a ball until the 7th turn :S
Back to top Go down
Duce
Admin
Duce

PostSubject: Re: practice game Vs Rodge   practice game  Vs Rodge I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 1:19 am

Don't forget Ken, goblisn al have dodge, so think mini Amazons. 1 less av 1 less str but the dodge skill stops one of the knocking down defender outcomes ont he dice emaning only defender down or both down effects... and even at that both down might hurt the opponent, so a 1 in 6 desired result by the opponent.

Goblins are also able to run where they want with a 3+ roll as they ignore tacklezone modifiers and they again have dodge which also helps rerolls on this.

Their chainsaws can be downright dangerous if you blitz in with them and chainsaw a weak av opponent, or one of their big guys if all AV's are equal.

Trolls smash down orcs, goblins gang foul.

and though Andrew didn't seem too impressed, the fanatic is awesome, against Str 3 players you're getting three dice blocks. Don't forget if the opponents players are next to other ones of yours they cant help even the str vs it.

Don't fret also Andrew, if you play really dirty, get some bribes as inductions after first game or two (spend your own money on other goblins though let inducement money pay for bribes) you can keep players on the field after fouls. and secret weapons can try to stay on for a 2nd drive.

oh, and don't forget, chanisaw fouls get the +3 still to armour roll , stack that with 2 assisting goblins and you're +5 if i remember right. 3+ to break av7, 4+ to break av8, 5+ to break orcs av9... thats great odds. if you get caught and have a bribe use it, 2+ he's staying on for another turn of fouling.

Going to paint mine and use in a game vs someone for fun.
Back to top Go down
https://nibble.forumotion.com
Velsharoon

PostSubject: Re: practice game Vs Rodge   practice game  Vs Rodge I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 4:22 am

After I figured out how the Fanatic worked I was fine with it, I was even a wee bit sad when he was KOed by a troll or whatever Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: practice game Vs Rodge   practice game  Vs Rodge I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

practice game Vs Rodge
Page 1 of 1