The Northern Ireland BloodBowl League Experience
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Northern Ireland BloodBowl League Experience

Welcome to Nibble, hopefully to be Northern Ireland's favourite BloodBowl forum for making leagues or finding players.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Belfast dungeonbowl now over

Go down 
+2
Rodge
Duce
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Duce
Admin
Duce

Belfast dungeonbowl now over Empty
PostSubject: Belfast dungeonbowl now over   Belfast dungeonbowl now over I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 1:22 am

Well the dungeonbowl came and went and I'm happy to say it was a sucess. only 1 Cas (A death for a norse linesman) occured and after hogging both balls!!! Colin managed a turn 20 touchdown.

he managed to grab the TD after a leap over a mummy and wright only to be blocked to the floor by the other mummy who was behind and further towrds the end zone. shaken but not stunned (Both down result) the count got back to his feet and grabbed the ball (2+) and got into the end zone (GFI) to seal the teams win. 3H 25M of dungeonbowl, and it wa svery good fun.

The Undead shuffled their way in along with season 1 winners the hackers, but a gruop of pale skinned blood frenzied norse appeared to take up a dugout, and the match officials were not going to tell them this was a closed party... so they stayed and had some fun.

A basic overview of the event was colin got both balls moved them around and hoped to score on the humans endzone which was very well guarded. They then turned back and went for the undeads via the Norse quarter.

notrse had the ball for a bit too until a failed gfi led to the ball dropping close to a hacker blitzer who tried to score but just couldnt get past 2 norse linesman and a ghoul and a dark elf linesman.

turn 16 came and bar Colin the rest of the teams lost a fair portion of their team members to teleporters thrown in by the wizards (Roll a dice 4+ the person is teleported out of the dungeon)

I think I got it the worst as all my blitzers, ogre and others making 9 total were porte doff leaving me with 5 guys 1 thrower and 4 linesmen... knew then i was out of the runnings especiall yas i'd gone defensive to stop a quick dark elf score on my end zone.

All in all a good day.

Colin got 20k winnings, darren and Graham got 60k, I got 10K. Event MVP Rolled by rik went to a linesman on my team, and he also dished out the team MVP's to Graham's werewolf who picked up block, Colin's count who scored, darren's ghoul who played a larg part for his team in the dungeon, an my linesman since i was so defensive noone got to shine Razz

Colin got 3 SSp's for everyone who took part and the rest of us got 1 SSp. between the two MVP's and the extra point 2 linesmen got to skill up... yay Smile

Last edited by Duce on Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://nibble.forumotion.com
Rodge

PostSubject: Re: Belfast dungeonbowl now over   Belfast dungeonbowl now over I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 2:16 am

Congrats Colin!
I know you've had your fair share of poor dice during the season, sounds like it turned around a bit for you in the season finale!
Back to top Go down
Hack Enslash

Hack Enslash

PostSubject: Re: Belfast dungeonbowl now over   Belfast dungeonbowl now over I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 2:21 am

I am happy to report that the recently deceased Norseman has agreed pro terms and will be shambling out with the rest of the slashers for season 2. Really good fun last guys.
James, judging by the reactions last night I hope The Dungeon plays a large part in next seasons fixtures. Everyone loved it.
Back to top Go down
Duce
Admin
Duce

PostSubject: Re: Belfast dungeonbowl now over   Belfast dungeonbowl now over I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 3:48 am

Rodge wrote:
Congrats Colin!
I know you've had your fair share of poor dice during the season, sounds like it turned around a bit for you in the season finale!

If by around you mean finding both balls and having the other eams converging on him then yeah Razz

It was gutsy move which got him the score and glad for once it paid off for him. if it hadn't there would have been trouble as teams scrabbled for the ball and in 4 turns the next wizard interference would have come in.
Back to top Go down
uniteallaction

uniteallaction

PostSubject: Re: Belfast dungeonbowl now over   Belfast dungeonbowl now over I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 5:19 am

Well done to everyone that took part. It certainly looks very interesting, and being there in person everyone seemed to be playing in the right frame of mind exactly the way BB should be played, fun for all.
Back to top Go down
https://s55.photobucket.com/albums/g141/uniteallaction/40k/
colmo
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Belfast dungeonbowl now over   Belfast dungeonbowl now over I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 7:48 am

Thanks for making it work so well, James. That was my most enjoyable win ever. We might need a quick reference sheet for Dungeonbowl rules next time!

I think my dice were still poor (rolling my own armour was ace!) but taking the bit by the teeth and finding both balls more than made up for it.

I've got lots of ideas for dungeon improvements -
  • 3 square wide corridors,
  • A 4 or 5 square wide main hall with pillars,
  • Bevelled and square corners (bevels allow diagonal movement and assists, square do not),
  • Chasms, lava flows, warp voids, and other hazardous terrain, complete with rickety rope bridges and broken footbridges of course!
  • a more versatile method of changing the layout - magnetic, velcro or jigsaw means of attaching rooms and corridors.

I've got a fair bit of experience of using textures for tiles now, so could definately help out there. I could even use real photographs for source textures!
Back to top Go down
Skullroller

Skullroller

PostSubject: Re: Belfast dungeonbowl now over   Belfast dungeonbowl now over I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 9:59 am

Hi guys,

Hack watch your back mate, the Skullrollers seek a bag of bones in reparations for your vile actions to one of the brotherhood Twisted Evil . Congratulations to Colin, even though you denied the doggie his bone Very Happy . It was great fun and im looking forward to gearing up in the pre-season for a crack at the title!!
Back to top Go down
colmo
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Belfast dungeonbowl now over   Belfast dungeonbowl now over I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 9:16 am

I just mentioned our Dungeonbowl on TFF:

http://www.talkfantasyfootball.org/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=34394&p=607449

Perhaps we can arrange a Dungeonbowl before the year is out?
Back to top Go down
Duce
Admin
Duce

PostSubject: Re: Belfast dungeonbowl now over   Belfast dungeonbowl now over I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 6:46 am

Possibly, Aug-Ocgt busy for me so november could eb a good time, get 4 player Dungeonbowl down at lisburn with the old school teams Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Belfast dungeonbowl now over   Belfast dungeonbowl now over I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Belfast dungeonbowl now over
Page 1 of 1